Taxko, Inc., seeks interns who are interested in taxation and accounting. As an intern at Taxko, Inc., you won’t just do a job – you’ll begin to build a career. We’ll provide the depth of mentorship and diversity of learning opportunities you need to develop as tax and accounting professionals.
The Internship position is designed to provide participants with a broad exposure to the tax and accounting function with an emphasis on federal, and state tax reporting; providing support for tax accounting; preparing assigned corporate tax returns and other reporting requirements; learning the tax return preparation process; and obtaining a general understanding of the company's effective tax rate and legal entity structure.
This is a paid internship with a 20 hours work week maximum requirement.
The summer internship begins in June and ends in August.
The fall internship begins in September and ends in November.
The winter internship begins in January ends in May.
Requirements and Qualifications
What do interns do?
We are looking for interns who have excellent time management and organizational skills, and are eager to work in an office environment. Interns will play a key role in providing Taxko with the operational, and administrative assistance needed to execute their work.
Responsibilities may include providing assistance in the following areas of tax (Federal & State):
• Analysis and preparation of U.S. individual and business (including Partnerships and Corporate) Federal and State income tax returns.
• Involvement with auditing source documentation. This includes obtaining work papers and drafting responses to federal and state audit information requests and conducting analytics.
• Support with daily office administrative tasks, related accounting work, and/or projects assigned.
• Involvement with financial statement preparation including general data entry work into Quickbooks or tax software.
**In your role, you will also gain a working knowledge of the company's internal office management software, accounting and tax software.**
Who can apply?
Current high school graduates, full-time or part-time undergraduate students eligible to work in the United States are welcome to apply. Taxko, Inc. is committed to recruiting a diverse cohort of interns and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified persons of all backgrounds to apply.
The best candidate should have the following characteristics:
• Undergraduate Sophomores or above working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (concentration in Tax a plus), Business Administration, Economics or Finance.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Detail oriented and organized
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrates competency in problem solving skills
• Demonstrates Taxko core values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork and Innovation
• No prior work experience required.